Firstly, it's completely free. There are no membership fees or payments for learning each individual language. It's all free! However, the website only offers you the chance to learn HTML/CSS, Javascript, jQuery, Python, Ruby, PHP and how to use API's. But, hopefully more languages will be available soon.
Currently, I myself am learning how to code in HTML/CSS and Javascript. During both courses you're given the opportunity to put what you've learnt into practice. For example, in the early stages of the HTML/CSS course you have to make a simple website-without the CSS glamour-in bare HTML. With Javascript you're given the opportunity to programme an interactive game.
Personally, I think websites like Codecademy, Lynda, Udemy and Code.org are great and offer people a chance to get into coding. If you're looking to base your programming skills around websites or to not look too deep into programming itself, then I would suggest using Codecademy. However, if you're looking to learn other languages such as C, C#(C-sharp) and Java in depth, then I would recommend the other websites. For those of you like me who would prefer not paying, Learn-c.org is a free alternative that offers users the chance to learn coveted languages such as C, Java/Javascript and Python for free!





No comments:
Post a Comment