First of all let me just say that I lied. This wearable doesn't make you a Power Ranger but it definitely does look like a morpher. I'm sure they took some inspiration from Saban's Power Rangers...
Rufus Labs, a startup company, decided to take a bold step and make what they call a 'Wrist Communicator'. Their device is somewhere between being a mini tablet on your wrist and a smartwatch as it has capabilities such as: Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth 4.0 - allowing it to be used with smart light bulbs and smart locks and runs full Android software so you can download loads of apps from the Play Store. It has a 3 inch screen and a 1000mAh battery which are both rather big when compared to some of its competitors within the wearable category such as the Gear 2 and Pebble who have 1.63 and 1.26 inch screens, respectively. Its 16GB storage also sets it apart from other wearable devices that only offer around 4MB-4GB.
The Rufus Cuff can be pre-ordered from here today for a minimum of $279 which is even less than Samsung's Gear 2! The Cuff comes in many different colours and the wrist straps come in sizes small/medium and large/X-large. The watch is compatible with both iOS and Android but unfortunately not Windows Phone OS. Personally, I think this 'Wrist Communicator' will definitely attract a lot of attention when it debuts in stores. I would like to see it matched up against the Kairos Hybrid, the LG G watch and the Moto 360 when they all also debut. Despite it looking rather big, I think I would actually get this watch as it seems quite different to the wearable devices already out there and I believe it will bring a totally different smartwatch experience to the table.
What do you think? Does this wearable's large screen bare too much resemblance to a Power Ranger morpher? Or, has someone finally broken into the kind of innovative wearable technology only seen on shows such as Star Trek and Doctor Who?




No comments:
Post a Comment